Monday, August 25, 2008

My New Freedom!


Two years ago I went natural and fell in love with the texture of my hair. I had worn kinky twists for 6 months before deciding that I was making the move to go natural. I decided to cut the perm off myself so that I would have no one to blame but ME if ended up looking a hot mess. LOL
I never will forget it... July 15, 2006 around 1am in the morning. I became natural and free! I was so free until I became a triathlete! I could swim, bike, and run as much as I wanted without worrying about my hair. My lifestyle changed for the better. I have had to change my eating habits since I began training for triathlons. I have to get my 8 hours of sleep and get my water intake right to have a good workout (especially in the summer). It's amazing what natural hair can do for a sista!!! :-)
However....
I did not know that this was only the beginning of my journey to freedom. I did not know that I could experience a whole new level of freedom with my hair until July 21, 2008 when I got my Sisterlocks!!!!

No comments: