Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 Months Progress



I am loving my sisterlocks! It has been 3 months and the time has flown. I started swimming twice a week with my swim team after having my locks for 3 weeks. After I get out of the pool I rinse my braided and banded hair and wear my hair freestyle to work like in the picture I have posted.

Some days I style my hair with Soft Spikes and get a curly look like the other picture I have posted. I wear my hair like this on days when I do not swim. Sometimes I use my Caruso Curlers if I am lazy and do not feel like rolling my hair. I prefer Soft Spikes because the curls last longer.

However on a different note... Last week I had to have an emergency appendectomy. I am working from home and kinda down because I can not workout. I am trying to train for my first half marathon (as well as stay in shape for triathlons). I ran 12 miles right before I had to be rushed into emergency surgery. My surgeon is a triathlete and he was really concerned about me running with an infected appendix. He said that I can return back to running, swimming, and biking next week. I am praying that my endurance is still where I can do 12 miles when I return back to running. I am sure it will take a minute to get back to where I was though. :-(

I am thankful that I got surgery before my appendix ruptured. I am happy to be recovering without issues. I can look forward to many more triathlons, half marathons, marathons, and other exciting new experiences in my lifetime!

Oh yeah... and my sisterlocks held up wonderful in the hospital!

No comments: