Thursday, January 28, 2010

19 Months Sisterlocked

I am loving my locks more and more everyday. Made some changes. I wash my hair with diluted Nature's Gate Aloe or Nature's Gate Herbal shampoo. I use the corresponding conditioner once a week and then do an apple cider vinegar rinse after every wash. I shampoo my hair a lot because I swim at least twice a week. I am in the process of training for my 5th triathlon. So swimming will be a consistent routine for me for a while. :-) When I run or bike outside in the cold I make a point to cover my locs with a cap. I do not use a lot of oils to moisturize. I occasionally will spritz with water if needed. Most of the time I rock a freestyle look since I am swimming so much these days.
When I get a break I will curl my locks with Caruso curlers. I have not had much energy to use my Soft Spikes lately because by the end of the day I just wanna put my Dreadsock on and sleep! :-)

I have been eating different for about a month now and I have noticed some changes. I used to battle dandruff really bad around my edges but now that is gone due to a daily dose of ground flaxseed and Omega 3,6,9. I also take a multivitamin and drink LOTS of water. So far I have noticed positive changes with my health as well as my sisterlocks as a result of this. I have even lost 7lbs so far!!!

It is true... Healing begins from the inside out!

No comments: