Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gotta Take It Slow....


Well I tried to go back to work and I got so tired the first day back until I felt like I wanted to pass out. Tuesday I had an appointment with my surgeon to follow my progress. I was told that I came back to work too soon. So I am working half of the day until next Monday. It's weird because everyday I feel better but I literally pass out on my couch into a deep nap. I guess my age is starting to show. I can't bounce back like I used to!
My surgeon also made me wait another week before starting to work out again. It was suggested that I start with swimming.

I am going to do my best to listen to my body as I return back to working out.

I have been wearing my sisterlocks in curls this week. I got a lot of compliments when I returned to work. Everyone kept saying how much my hair has grown and how pretty it looked. I really have not noticed how much longer it has gotten but I have noticed how cute my curls are! Earlier this week I rolled my hair with the large soft spikes. My dry edges are going away. I try to drink more water during the day to stay hydrated. Also, I have been rubbing my scalp with diluted apple cider vinegar. It looks like it is ending the dryness pretty fast after my consultant gave my scalp a treatment last week.

Next week I start back swimming. I wish there was a way I could still keep my curls after swimming...

No comments: